Friday, December 19, 2008

The True Bliss of Freelancing!

It's December, it's cold, it's windy... and there's rain!

Aah! The blissful rain and it's accompanying chill. All you want to do is stay in bed, get cozy, get under your blankets and eat lots and lots of roasted peanuts. But wait... you have to work... there is a deadline you have to meet... you promised your client that you'd send in work today. Eeeeek! Welcome to the dull 9 to 5 routine some of us have. Sigh! Sad really :( Now you can't enjoy the weather and work at the same time if you're in office, can you?.... Unless you're a Freelancer! ;)

Yes, there's the catch! One of the best part about being a freelancer is this whole scenario. I'm at home, I get up when I want, stay in bed as long as I like.... ah yes, work... I can get that done too. And the best part is I get to work while enjoying the weather. Sitting out in the patio, listening to the sound of the steady rain, watching it fall from the green trees, feeling the chilled breeze, eating dry fruits, typing happily on my laptop and feeling extremely content while my cat dozes off in my lap. Aah! The true bliss of being a freelancer!

Let it rain I say! Let it rain!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture, it's so cute. Freelancing is a blessing. No peer pressure, no routine to follow and no hassles of traffic jam. It's something which everyone cannot get.